The Training and Placement (T&P) Cell of Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies is the main facilitator for the students to get placements best suited to them. This cell acts as a bridge to build initial relationships between Industry and the Institute, understand the industry requirements and incorporating those requirements while training the students for placements. The goal of the Training and Placement Cell is to provide world-class coaching to the students of Vels University. The Cell has developed the university as a preferred recruitment avenue for many National, Multinational, and International companies who reach back year after year to hire fresh talents nurtured at our University.
The Training and Placement Cell in Vels University dedicates itself to motivate and help the student community towards understanding the industrial practice and getting campus placements. In an endeavour to facilitate the placements in suitable job roles the placement cell starts shaping students from the first year onwards focusing on motivational abilities, communication abilities, interpersonal associations, leadership qualities, group discussions, and interview techniques.
The Placement Cell of the Institute manages all phases of placements at Vels for the students of all disciplines. Placements are an integral part of VISTAS’s activity calendar of every academic year. The cell follows systematic progress to meet the aspirations and expectations of our students.
The Training and Placement Officer, Coordinators, and the student representatives manage various essential duties in the Cell like reaching out to firms, scheduling and performing placement-related activities, and conducting out all official conversations with recruiters and students. The Cell aims to match recruiter expectations with students’ goals. The team of student delegates regulates the activities to ensure agreement with various institute procedures and organization officials, who execute coordination with their recruiting organizations. Over the years the Cell has gone from strength to strength in gaining excellent placements at Vels University and will continue to do so in the upcoming years.
Additionally, the Cell also gives the expected infra-structural amenities to conduct group discussions, various evaluations, and mock meetings besides providing other logistics and necessary guidance. The database of the pupils is controlled by the cell, which acts as a crucial element in the suitable placement of the alumni whenever that is needed.
The Training & Placement Cell of Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies take care of students’ placement by initiating long-term relationships with companies and industries. The placement cell also ensures the competitiveness of students by nurturing entrepreneurship skills and practical skills in students to attain the best of industry opportunities.
The various Schools in VISTAS are:
- School of Engineering
- School of Management & Commerce
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Basic Sciences
- School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Physiotherapy
- School of Maritime Studies
- School of Ocean Engineering
- School of Mass Communication
- School of Hotel & Catering Management
- School of Music & Fine arts
- School of Law
- School of Computing Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Languages
- Department of Aviation
- School of Ancient Indian Studies / Department of Astrology and Department of Yoga.
ADVANTAGES OF RECRUITING FROM VISTAS
- More than 30 years of expertise in Education and Management
- Excellent Infrastructure
- Over 6400 students excelling in multiple disciplines
- Outstanding faculty from premier institutions like IIT’s, NIT’s and IIM’s
- 130+ PhD’s to teach and guide students
- 100+ scholars are pursuing Doctorate programs at VISTAS
- Faculty mentors, credit-based and industry guided Professional Practice (Internships)
- Industry-relevant curriculum and Industry ready professionals
- 40% curriculum with hands-on practice,
Students are trained in Personal, Professional skills and credit-based courses as listed below:
- Building Self Confidence,
- Training on Effective Communication,
- Multi-Dimensional Thinking,
- Team Building and leadership skills,
- Presentation Skills
- Time and Stress Management,
- Aptitude and analytical Training,
- Corporate readiness