Centre for Materials Research
The Centre for Materials Research (CMR) set up in 2018 focuses on research related to the processing and characterisation of composite materials on the basis ofcharacterization, mechanical, tribological, and machining properties.
The centre is focused on advanced engineering research in materials processing and testing. The objectives of the centre for materials research are
- To provide various facilities, to carry out the research work on metal matrix and polymer matrix composites for Ph.D., M.Tech., and B. E., students and industries.
- To conduct various tests on the alloys and composite materials for the students of other Institutes to generate the revenue.
- Provide the facility for the fabrication of composite and other alloy materials.
- Faculty members and students are publishing the papers in reputed journals by utilising the facility of CMR.
Initially the optical microscope and computer assisted modelling, analysis and design has been commissioned at the centre to aid research activities. Now, the centre is equipped with essential facilities required for students and staffs to conduct quality research. These include:
- Optical Microscope
- Weighing machine
- Muffle Furnace
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Energy Dispersive X-Ray analysis (EDX)
- X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Fabrication of polymer composites using hand layup method.
Since its inception, the centre has supported the research activities of the many students to complete their Doctoral, PG and UG projects and aids to publish technical articles in high impact journals.