Centre for Artificial Intelligence
Centre for Artificial Intelligence is a research and development initiative established at VISTAS, in the year 2016 funded for the project ‘Development of an Intelligent Driver Hypovigilance System’ by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India (SERB/F/3759/2016-17). This research lab is equipped with a custom-built driving simulator and facilities to acquire behavioral data (Camera) and physiological data (EEG, ECG, EoG) corresponding to driver’s driving state.
This interdisciplinary AI research lab focuses on investigating a broad range of issues, extending from the underlying mechanisms of physiological signals, to varied biomedical signal and image processing issues. The research being conducted provides an excellent mix of multiple disciplines, thus providing a good forum for engineers, scientists, medical professionals and service users to exchange ideas and develop new research ventures.
- Driving simulator
- Allengers PSG Sleep device (EEG, EoG, EMG, ECG, SpO2)
- Driver seat with inbuilt sensors
- Heartbeat sensor (SHIMMER 3)
Collaboration with other organizations
- Faurecia, France
- EinNel Technologies, Chennai
- National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities, Chennai
- Balagangadhara Varma Research Center, Chennai