About the Department
The Bachelor of Commerce programme with Computer Application was started in 2008 and the main objective of this programme is to develop basic skills in commerce and congruent computer applications.. This programme inculcates basic accounting knowledge and entrepreneurial skills. It also provides foundation for doing p professional programmes such as ACS/CMA/ACA, M.Com and MBA.
Career opportunities abound in the field of computer applications in commercial subjects and this lures students to this programme. A graduate after completion of his/her program can initially join as a trainee or an accountant and also seek employment in various government and private sectors, public accounting firms, marketing firms, budget planning and consultancies. They can also work as freelancers in the field and work separately taking assignments of maintenance of accounts from small ventures. Professionals in the career can also get into teaching jobs in universities and colleges after their completion of post- graduation.
Vision & Mission
- To impart quality higher education, to empower and encourage research.
- To be a truly world class institution of academic excellence with total commitment and dedication to quality education, research, consultancy services, training , ethics and human values with holistic concern for society and environment.
- To motivate students to understand the nuances of various industries and upgrade their knowledge.
- To develop broader understanding in the field of core managerial skills
- To provide quality teaching for the benefit of all students by constantly improving the faculty’s teaching expertise.
- To effectuate complete understanding of commercial courses to facilitate immediate employability.
- To develop Socially – conscious business, entrepreneurs and managers to facilitate and enhance the global competitiveness of organizations
- To develop and produce globally competent business leaders with strong desire to excel as professionals and improve the quality of human life, society and environment.
- To secure 100% results in the university examination
- To motivate our students to acquire progressive and long term employment with well reputed companies.
- To provide students with good platform and experience in doing independent research in future.
List of Programmes
- B.Com (Computer Application)
- Diploma in GST
- Diploma in Tally
Faculty-Student Ratio: 1: 30
Study of this program will provide wide knowledge both in commerce and Computer software applications.
PO1: Program includes various accounting courses, enables the students to gain theoretical and problem solving ability of the students.
PO2: Business software applications courses like Tally will enable the students to start a small software business of self employment.
PO3: These courses have opened the floodgates in the area of computers and other core industries, and other professional studies CA, ICWA etc.
PO4: Courses of this program provide bright future in the IT fields, Software, Banks, Companies, BPOs and KPOs.
PO5: This program courses consist of both theoretical as well as good practical exposures to the students in the relevant areas to meet the industries expectations.
PO6: Courses of the program provide the cost benefit analysis and SWOT analysis enables the students for cost consciousness of each and every business operations.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
B.COM [COMPUTER APPLICATION]:
PSO1: Programme provides the outcome of Accounting, Banking, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Computer Language, Software and Software application in the Commerce.
PSO2: Programme curriculum result in the office atomization with computers and computer software application.
PSO3: Programme has opened the floodgates in the eve of software application jobs in the eve of trade Commerce, Business, Banking, Insurance and in related eve of business.
PSO4: Self employmnt coidenes development.
PSO5: Students will get the Practical skill to work as accountant, audit assistant,Tax consultant and computer operatorsas well as financial supporting services.
Programme Educational Outcome (PEO)
PEO1: To enhance the computer literacy and its applicability in busiess through latest
PEO2:Verson on tally and e-commerce principles.
PEO3:To familiarise with communication motivation and leadership towards directing and to analyse the process of controlling system.
PEO4:To develop the decision making skill through costing methods , practical application of business sotware for communication ,report writing and preparation of computerized accounting.
PEO5:Formulating business problems and provide innovative solutions this molding the students into future visionaries ad management leaders.
PEO6:Students will learn relevant Advanced accounting career skills, applying both quantitative and qualitative knowledge to their future careers in corportes.