About the Department
Vision & Mission
To provide excellent quality training, leading candidates to become Mariners in shipping industry by means of innovating technologies, consistent with its strategic goals and by realizing maximum efficiency through superior management.
To make the department an epitome of excellence in higher education by effectively providing high quality education and rigorous training to students in multiple streams of choice with ample scope for all round development to make them excel in their profession for betterment in Society.
- To be an outstanding Academic Institution always aiming to impart comprehensive training to new aspirants to a maritime career.
- To select potential candidates and train them to be knowledgeable and competent marine engineers in conforming to global standards of maritime industry.
- To develop Post Sea related training for the seafarers who seek higher certification.
- To continuously update our education and training program in accordance with the latest developments in the Maritime industry through proactive and progressive measures.
List of Programmes
- B.E Marine Engineering
Faculty-Student Ratio: 1: 15
- Full Mission Bridge Simulator from Kongsberg, Norway
- Full Mission Engine Simulator from ARI, India
- All Steel Ship-in-campus
- Computer Labs with high speed internet
- Physics cum Electronics Lab
- Seamanship Lab
- Life saving appliances Lab
- Fire fighting appliances Lab
- Electrical & Electronic Labs
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Applied Mechanics Lab
- Fluid Mechanics & Heat Transfer Lab
- Control Engineering Lab
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Advanced Marine Workshop
- Fitting Shop & Machine Shop
- Swimming Pool with separate Diving Pool
- Four seated Hostel Accommodation
- Sports & Recreational facilities