An International Affairs Office (IAO) in a university is responsible for managing and coordinating international programs, partnerships, and activities. Its main function is to promote internationalization and support the internationalization goals of the university. The IAO serves as a hub for students, faculty, and staff who seek opportunities for international study, research, and collaboration. It assists students in finding study abroad programs, internships, and research opportunities overseas, as well as helping international students with their visa and immigration requirements, and adapting to university and local culture. Additionally, the IAO facilitates the development and management of partnerships with other universities, academic institutions, and organizations around the world. It supports the internationalization of the university’s curriculum, and helps to create and sustain international research collaborations and projects
Dear International Students,
We extend a warm welcome to you from our university community. We understand that coming to a new country can be both exciting and challenging, and we are committed to supporting you throughout your academic journey with us. Our university is a diverse and inclusive
community, and we value the unique perspectives and contributions that international students bring to our campus. We believe that your presence enriches our learning environment and helps us all to become global citizens. We have a range of resources and services available to help you settle into your new life on campus and make the most of your time with us. From orientation programs to academic advising and counselling services, we are here to support you in every way possible. We encourage you to get involved in campus life and take advantage of the many opportunities available to you. Whether it’s joining a student organization, participating in cultural events, or volunteering in the community, there are many ways to make the most of your time with us.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- For admission process, please collect and submit all the relevant photocopies of the document, including passport and the ID size Passport is compulsory. After preliminary verifying the documents, provisional admission letter would be issued with the condition that the final admission letter would be given only after confirmation of the eligibility. Provisional admission letter along with required documents could be used for obtaining appropriate student/research visa from the Indian Embassy in your country. It is to be noted that final admission will be considered and granted only when you report with appropriate visa endorsed for Vels Institute of Science Technology and Advanced Studies (VISTAS) i.e. for U.G. and P.G. Student: Student Visa is required and for Ph.D. Program Research Visa is required. Please note that your admissions will be considered only from the day you report with appropriate visa. Research visa is mandatory for reporting to the University in case of Ph.D. student.
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility (Financial Undertaking Letter) is compulsory to be submitted in embassy of India in your country for visa and the Xerox of that certificate has to be submitted along with other documents to IAO.
- Please note that provisional admission letter does not warrant admission to the mentioned course. On your arrival in India to VISTAS, you need to submit and verify your original documents (including your passport, student visa, academic documents) at IAO for initiating the admission process.
- International students transferring from other Universities in India for UG/PG program will have to produce “No Objection Certificate” from last university attended and it is mandatory
- International Students need to produce AIU equivalence certificate for the qualifying degree which could be obtained from (Association of Indian university, AIU) either prior to submitting the application or after reporting to the University within the period of two months or else the admission will be deemed cancelled.
- Please note that, on your arrival in India, it is necessary to complete the registration process in the “Foreigners Registration Office” (FRRO) within 14 days from the date of
- International students coming for the first time and from non-English speaking countries need to qualify the PET (Professional English Test), which will be organized on the university campus.
- Please note, A non-refundable one-time full payment of academic semester fees will have to be paid at the time of joining for student
- Procuring medical insurance from the date of reporting till valid period of the course is mandatory and has to be procured within two months from the date of arrival in
- It is mandatory for all the foreign students to strictly follow the rules and regulation stipulated by the University from time to Violation of rules and regulations would result in strict action against the concerned student which might lead to cancellation of the admission and no excuses/objection in this matter would be entertained and the student would be responsible for the consequences.
- It is responsibility of the students to submit the updated documents in IAO like change in residence, address, Residential permit, etc.
- Students should maintain the attendance more than 75% as stipulated by UGC and University rules and regulations.
- International Students who are not registered with the International Affair Cell shall not be permitted to appear at the University examinations and activities conducted under the University umbrella.
- Foreign student applicants below the age of 18 years at the time of submitting the application for admission in SUK must also procure the signature of their parents or legal guardians as parental consent. Admission will not be confirmed without the valid documents and consent from the parents. Tampering/fabricating documents and or producing false documents, is an offense in India. If found guilty, admission would be cancelled and strict action would take on the offender as per the laws of the
- It is mandatory for all the internationals students to take the follow up of the Department/University/IAO Notices/Circulars/Instructions being displayed on the notice boards/uploaded on the College/Institution/University/webpage from time to No excuse or complaints would be entertained in case the student misses any academic activity owning to his gross negligence.
DOCUMENTS FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
- Application for Bonafide Certificate
- No Dues Certificate For International Student
- Application for Leave
Dr. S. Arun
Director, International Affairs
Dr. R. Muraliraja
Associate Director, International Affairs
Mobile: +91 9092674187