PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
PO1: Demonstrate a global outlook with the ability to identify aspects of the global hospitality business and cross cultural understanding.
PO2: Demonstrate how the organizational behavior and organizational practices can aid in improving the performances and wellbeing of people at work in hotel Industry.
PO3: Familiarize in Managerial viewpoints to understand consumer behavior and the use of appropriate pricing strategies to increase profitability.
PO4: Assess the impact of latest hospitality researches and marketing tools on the hospitality industry.
PO5: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Hospitality industry.
Curriculum & Syllabus
Curriculum & Syllabus
Total Credits: 90
|SEMESTER I||Hours/Week||Maximum Marks|
|Sem||Category||Sub Code||Title of the Course||Lecture||Tutorial||Practical||Credits||CA||SEE||Total|
|I||DSC||21MHM001||Management of Food Production Operations||4||0||0||4||40||60||100|
|I||DSC||21MHM002||Food and Beverage Service||4||0||0||4||40||60||100|
|I||DSE||21MHM102||Communication and Reports||4||0||0||4||40||60||100|
|I||DSC||21MHM003||Advanced Food Production Lab||0||0||4||2||40||60||100|
|I||DSC||21MHM004||Advanced Food & Beverage Service Lab||0||0||4||2||40||60||100|
|Program||Eligibility||Criteria for Merit|
|M.Sc. Hotel & Catering Management||B.Sc Hotel Management/ B.Sc Food Science/ B.Sc Culinary Arts/ BA. Travel and Tourism Management||Merit - based on percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examination.
- Marketing/ Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors.
- In State Tourism Development Corporations.
- In Resort Management.
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship.
- In multinational companies for their hospitality services.
- Commissioned job in Indian Navy.
- Managers in Big shopping malls, Mobile catering.
- Managers in Indian railway catering services.
- As Chef’s & Managers in Industrial Canteens in big industries.
- Facility managers in Multinational Establishments.
- Housekeeping executives in Companies.
- Manager in Outdoor Catering Services.
- Food Mangers in International School.
- Managers in Multiplexes, Managers in Tour Operating.
- As Chef’s & Managers in Cine Catering Services.
Vels University gave me some of the best years of my life. From making new friends, learning everything I know about food and cooking, to spending time in the biggest and best library (on food books), it taught me so much about the industry in which I am today. It taught me the basics, gave me opportunities, pushed me, challenged me, and yet nurtured me with the guidance. I always do thank Vels University and all my professors for everything I am today. It is an integral part of my learning and I cherish everyday spent there.
Nandini, B.Sc., & M.Sc. HCM (2014-2019)
Customer Care Executive Indigo Airlines
| Tuition Fee 2023 - 2024 (Per Sem) ||Other Fee (Per Sem)||Total Fee (Per Sem)
| 17,500 || 6,300 || 23,800