Centre For Energy And Alternative Fuels
- Centre for Energy and Alternative Fuels (CEAF) has been established in Feb’ 2017 at VISTAS to promote multidisciplinary activities focused on various aspects of energy technology and systems in the form of research, teaching and consultancy.
- As the budding research centre, the present research activities in the centre are in the form of projects based research funded by various national funding agencies and Industries.
- By looking into the potential and application of different energy resources from the southern region of India, it is emphasized that the centre gives priority to activities in the field of energy storage systems such as batteries and supercapacitors,microbial fuel cells, bio-sensors, alternative fuels and Efficiency of the energy systems etc.
- At present, the centre has three eminent scholars, who are working in the energy storage system and the centre aims to associate faculty members from various departments within the institute such as Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Civil,Mechanical and Electrical & Electronics Engineering as well as eminent faculties from nearby Institutes for the promotion of interdisciplinary energy research for the sustainable energy conservation and storage platform.
- To support the research work in the projects, the centre has two academic programmes – Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Philosophy (M. Phil).
- The facilities available within the centre have been a great support for the students working in different areas at VISTAS as well for the students of various academic and research institutions in southern region of India.
How to contact the Centre?
Dr. A. M. Shanmugharaj
Associate Professor/Senior Scientist
Centre for Energy and Alternative Fuels
Chennai – 600 117, Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: (O) + 91 – 44 – 2266 2501 / 02 / 03