Vels college of Physiotherapy was established in the year 1993 at Pallavaram campus, Chennai and had a tremendous development in the following years and it was also one of the first private institutions to start the P.G.degree course under Tamilnadu Dr. MGR medical University in Chennai in 1998 .Later, in 2009 deemed university status was accorded to the Vels Group of Institutions and the BPT and MPT degree programmescame under under Vels University (Now VISTAS). In the Year 2012, the School of Physiotherapy startedthe Ph.D programme and later 8 scholars were awarded Ph.D in Physiotherapy. 16 Scholars are currently pursuing their Ph.D degree. Faculties have Published more than 125 papers in Indexed Journals.
To promote socially meaningful health care, physiotherapy education and research, with adherence to moral, legal and ethical values.
- To impart all- round knowledge and ability with a balance in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities among physiotherapy students.
- To focus on attitude building and personality development of physiotherapy students for providing quality health care.
- To promote ability to combat the challenges in profession and meet the needs of society.
- To equip physiotherapy students with leadership skills and team dynamics.
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Faculty-Student Ratio: 1:30
- 1. Labs:
- Exercise Therapy Lab
- Electrotherapy Lab
- Anatomy Museum
- PG Research Lab for
- Ortho/Neuro/ Hand/OBG
- Hydrotherapy Unit at Pallavaram campus
- Library (Books & Digital)
- In Campus Hostel
- Transport Facility
Leave a Reply