CO1: Practice kitchen hygiene and personal hygiene.
CO2: Identify food textures and consistencies.
CO3: Make cuts of meats and vegetables.
CO4: Prepare foods using methods that conserve nutritional value.
CO5: Demonstrate the skills and techniques in preparation of foods of International cuisines.
CO6: Exhibit professionalism in the Organizing the kitchen.
Curriculum & Syllabus
CURRICULUM & SYLLABUS
|Food Production (Theory)||Food Production (Practical)|
[table “” not found /]
- Airline catering (flight kitchens) and Cabin Services.
- Hospitality services in various MNCs.
- Entry level in respective departments at star hotels.
- Forest Lodges, Guest Houses, and resorts.
- Self-employment (as an entrepreneur)
- Running canteens in college, schools, in factories, company guest houses etc.
- Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
As a student of VELS Hotel & Catering management (Food Production Craft Course) I enjoyed learning about new foods, new flavors and new techniques. Chef Lawrence teaches his students from the very basics to the advanced level. This is an innovative approach that expands the cook’s thinking and creativity. I greatly respect his passion about food and his commitment to teaching and creating young chefs like me.
Mr.Joshua Nickelson (Certificate course in Food Production), 2017-2018
Head Chef- TEC FOODS, Guindy
|Tuition Fee per year||Administration Fee||Registration Fee||Misc. (per sem)||Exam Fee (Per Sem)||At the time of admission||Even Sem||Odd Sem